Total Credits: 6.5 Bankruptcy Law Specialization, 6.5 CLE, 1.5 Ethics
Join our esteemed faculty with over 120 years of combined legal experience for an advanced, day-long program on bankruptcy law. Topics will include: Siegel Decision- Dealing with the US Trustee’s Office; Subchapter V Issues & New Developments; Ethical Issues in Bankruptcy Law; Alternatives to Bankruptcy and Cannabis-Related Issues; Exemption and Pre-Bankruptcy Planning. We will end the program with a panel discussion on other advanced bankruptcy issues, followed by Q&A.
• Randy Nussbaum, Shareholder at Sacks Tierney. For more than 41 years, Randy Nussbaum has assisted individuals and businesses with complex bankruptcy protection (debtor and creditor), transaction, and litigation matters. Randy has represented secured and unsecured creditors, surety companies, creditor committees, lessors, professional athletes, doctors, lawyers, and trustees in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 proceedings, including adversary actions (bankruptcy litigation). Randy is a Certified Bankruptcy Specialist (Arizona Board of Legal Specialization) and a Certified Business Bankruptcy Specialist (American Board of Certification). Randy is a respected lecturer and author on topics regarding bankruptcy, construction, and real estate. Best Lawyers has twice selected Randy as its “Lawyer of the Year” (Scottsdale), in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights (2019) and in Bankruptcy Litigation (2021).
• Clarissa Brady of Stinson LLP. Ms. Brady focuses her practice in bankruptcy litigation, representing unsecured creditor committees, corporate debtors, trustees, and banks. She has assisted with defending and prosecuting companies and individuals in disputes involving fraudulent transfer, preference, and breach of fiduciary duty, across multiple jurisdictions.
• James E. Cross of Cross Law Firm PLC. Mr. Cross is a certified Specialist in Bankruptcy Law by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization and has been practicing law since 1983. In February 2020, Mr. Cross was appointed by the Office of the United States Trustee to serve as a Subchapter V Pool Trustee.
• Sierra M. Minder of Sacks Tierney PA. Ms. Minder practices in the areas of bankruptcy and restructuring and litigation. She earned her law degree at Gonzaga University School of Law, magna cum laude, where her achievements included the CALI Awards in Civil Procedure, Advanced Torts, and Consumer Law.
• Thomas Salerno Partner at Stinson LLP. Mr. Salerno works with a global roster of clients from an array of industries, including casinos, hotels, real estate, sports, tech, power generation, agribusiness, construction, health care, manufacturing, airlines and franchising. A frequent writer, lecturer and presenter, Thomas is active in leadership in the American Bankruptcy Institute and is a past chair of the Bankruptcy Section of the State Bar of Arizona.
|Ultimate Adv. Bankruptcy Manual (10-12-2022).pdf (18 MB)||125 Pages||Available after Purchase|