Total Credits: 2.5 CLE, 2.5 Estate & Trust Law Specialization, 1 Ethics, 2.5 Real Estate Law Specialization, 2.5 Tax Law Specialization
The Corporate Transparency Act affects us all. It imposes mandatory disclosures of once confidential company information. Failing to timely report can lead to civil and criminal penalties. This Act affects almost all practice areas—some more than others. What you do not know can hurt you.
Topics to be Covered:
• What should lawyers/law firms do about companies formed or advised prior to the effective date.
• What are the reporting deadlines for existing companies?
• What are the reporting requirements and deadlines for new companies?
• What are our legal obligations and what are our ethical obligations?
• What obligations do firms have to existing clients and what obligations do they have to former clients?
• How do we manage and implement these new rules across all size law firms?
• What are the ramifications of the CTA on the preparation of entity-level agreements (operating agreements, bylaws, limited partnership agreements, etc.) and other transactional documents?
Kelly Mooney, Spencer Fane LLP
Ashley Lin, Law Clerk, Frazer Ryan Goldberg & Arnold LLP; J.D. Candidate 2024
Steve Santoro, Law Clerk, Frazer Ryan Goldberg & Arnold LLP; J.D. Candidate
Philip Rupprecht, Frazer Ryan Goldberg & Arnold LLP*
* Also serving as faculty
|The Corporate Transparency Act: Scared or Prepared_Materials (1.8 MB)||44 Pages||Available after Purchase|
PHILIP R. RUPPRECHT'S practice emphasizes wealth, estate and business preservation planning for high net worth individuals. Phil Rupprecht's clients include real estate developers, corporate executives, small business owners, lawyers, physicians and others who seek protection from future litigation exposure. A Best Lawyers in America® honoree (Trusts and Estates), Phil also helps clients work through financial difficulties, providing debtor workout and Chapter 11 bankruptcy services. Education J.D., magna cum laude, Arizona State University College of Law, 1983: Order of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, Arizona State University Law Journal, 1982-1983; Outstanding Graduate, 1983 B.A., summa cum laude, Graceland College, 1980
, J.D., L.L.M. (Taxation) is a senior associate in the Tax Department at Gallagher & Kennedy, P.A., in Phoenix, Arizona. She practices in the area of federal tax law, with an emphasis on the taxation of individuals, corporations, partnerships, tax-exempt entities, estates and trusts, and civil tax controversy matters. Ms. Mooney’s recent experience includes: (i) tax planning and analysis for businesses, individuals, estates and trusts; (ii) representation of individuals and businesses in civil controversy at audit and appeals before federal and state taxing authorities; and (iii) formation of non-profit entities, preparation of applications for exemption from federal income tax, and representation of tax-exempt entities before the Internal Revenue Service. Ms. Mooney can be contacted at: Gallagher & Kennedy, P.A., 2575 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, 602-530-8075, or by e-mail at: email@example.com.